Sunday, January 14, 2007

Week 21

Playing Cards!
Outsider Art Club, session 121

It looks like the switch to 2.0 hasn't caused any major headaches so far. Besides the nice ability to label posts and filter through them, what other capabilities have people discovered?

This week's theme comes from Jeremy Hornik, game designer extraordinaire at WMS Gaming:

Playing Cards!

Playing cards. The court cards, Joker, and so forth.
Standard Poker card size is 2.5 inches by 3.5 inches (62mm by 88mm.) Here is a link to a description of the standard faces, if anyone wants it:

http://www.madore.org/~david/misc/cards.html

If there’s enough interest, we could even get decks made up… it’s not cheap, so there’d have to be some real interest. If so, people should work 300 dpi.

Come up with as many in the set as you can!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger David said...

Huh? My goal here is to make a regulation size card of a regualr card deck I can buy at the dollar store? Someone simplify the topic please...

7:43 PM  
Blogger David said...

I think I get it now, I didn't understand it at first, but after reading it again it makes sense.

Actually this is pretty cool, nice topic Jeremy. I think I'll make an entire deck... But possibly have funny's on it... I'm getting my pencil right now!!

8:11 PM  
Blogger CryptKicker said...

Out of curiosity, R.dawg, what is the cost of getting a regulation size deck of cards made? Are you thinking with that slippy, slidey super cool coating they have too?

5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home