Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Paging Miss Page


I didn't have much of an idea for how I wanted to treat this image. Clean in Flash? Roughed up a bit? Monochromatic? etc. I ended up liking the rough pencils but I started re-drawing her in Flash real clean like. I wasted my time there because I layed the pencils over top anyway so there was no need for perfect lines/shapes.

One thing I wanted to achieve from the beginning was to do the whole figure. I always seem to concentrate on the upper body of a character or I just run out of room for the legs. And because of that I feel my proportions are a bit weak. Just trying to make an effort to correct that I guess.

I'll post some horrible early pose ideas on my blog later today.

Great topic though Sam!

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is Horror Movie Bettie Page, I take it? Awesomely creepy, and the centerfold crease is a deft touch. Well done, Sir!

7:19 AM  
Blogger boob said...

I guess you're right - I was just thinking of Bettie in a nurse outfit and then went with the usual hot colors I'm drawn too but I never thought of it as a horrow type theme. I definitely see it, I just didn't see it like that in my head. Weird the tricks your brain can pull.

7:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't see evil Bettie. I saw naughty nurse Bettie. Did she give herselve a shot in her ass? Why the bandaid?
Excellent work yet again Bob. Remind me, why are you still in Chicago and not working for the cartoon network or something?

2:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this piece! I am jealous of how you use color. This is awesome!

7:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome work! I think Bettie Page is naughtiest when her back is turned to you.

3:11 PM  
Blogger Edward said...

Really nice piece Bob! Love the outfit, she's smokin hot. For a drawing of course.

11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home