Tuesday, August 22, 2006


I'LL BE OUT OF TOWN from Thursday to Sunday, and I'm busy until then, so I won't get a chance to do this any other time than now. I apologize for the early post.

I chose "Technophobia," which, as you can probably figure out, is the fear of technology. I think I might just have the opposite of this disorder. I loves mah tech.

So I went with the iPod style ad for this piece. Yeah, it's unoriginal, but I thought it was funny. And it was the most creative thing I could come up with, considering the abbreviated schedule. This time, what with it being a rip-off and all, I decided to stick with the originals' style and keep my character a little more realistic and properly proportioned than I usually do. Kinda ended up looking a little like me, now that I see it done. Also, this was a good excuse to give a character a faux-hawk. These Apple people are so hep, kids. Take note.

Anyways, I'm happy with the outcome. Hope you guys like it, too. Enjoy!

M

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger K.B. said...

very funny and well executed,

10:54 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I saw this and thought I went to the wrong site! ;)

Like Kevin said - nice execution - an image we can all read at first glance and know exactly what it is a parody of. See you next week!

11:40 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

great piece

12:23 PM  
Blogger Greg Scherrer said...

Really nice. I thought it was the real thing.

3:57 PM  
Blogger boob said...

Fooled here too. I thought someone was posting ads on the blog.

It's silhouette with so many details. All the little creases in the shirt, folds in the knuckle skin, elbow nubs, and I thought the tongs were a great touch. Nice Marshall.

4:34 PM  
Blogger eshwaaz said...

Great idea, great execution. You nailed the style perfectly.

4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home