Friday, August 18, 2006

This is my first post as a contributor to this blog. My name is Kevin Coffee, and I work full-time at my "real" job as graphic artist for my local CBS-Affiliate TV station, WANE-TV in Fort Wayne, Indiana USA. I enjoy my career and every day is a new challenge in the world of TV news and promotion. On the side, I devote whatever time I can to my passion of cartooning. I'm kind of in a weird phase now where I'm rather bored with doing mundane freelance work for customers who don't want to pay anyway, and I've just been enjoying getting away from trying to write gag cartoons where I'm focused on worrying about what everyone else will think is funny, and instead going off in more of a free direction based on my own imagination. If I'm not going to make money anyway, why not focus on getting the most out of exercising my own imagination and doing work that may not be marketable in magazines and newspapers, but presents the kind of dizzy, surreal oddness that I enjoy creating and would like to see more of.

I see there's a theme going on here, "children at play". I've been participating as well in the "Illustration Friday" project, and their last theme was simply "play", but since my cartoon included children, I guess it works here as well. Hope you enjoy my little visits to whatever universe my drawings exist in, and I hope to continue having fun being a part of this blog and enjoying the great work posted here by everyone.

(Click image to see full size.)

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

That's a nice drawing of Shrek ;)

5:03 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Seriously, welcome to the blog. The image has a really fun feel. I just don't know if I'd trust my kids to that babysitter. :)

5:06 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

Thanks, Dave. Yes, in our universe kids should probably always stay away from people with tentacles or suction cups of any kind. But this scene is happening, I believe, in a safer dimension!

5:10 PM  
Blogger Darryl Young said...

Welcome aboard Kevin, sorry you had to meet Dave first.

3:02 AM  
Blogger K.B. said...

very fun and inventive.

5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home