Sunday, March 18, 2007

week 08: TV Dinner

I really tried to give this picture a nice and clean 50's look, and I am quite pleased by the 'overall' look.
If this invention were ever in existense... it would have been like NERF guns, those darn things never got old!!! ***And never get cheaper either....***

I wanted to make those pink/purple dots in the background like bubble gumb, meaning "the bubble gumb era" but that didn't turn out that well.

I tried to give the baseball bat a nice red white & blue look, making it all American, totally fitting the 50's era.

And I also tried to add some people in the background, but nothing really looked right except for good old gumb. ***wish it were still .25 cents***

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger boob said...

Wow - pretty interesting. I really appreciate you explaining some of thought process in this one. It's interesting to hear why you went with red, white, and blue, or what the pink circles implied.

10:19 AM  
Blogger David said...

Thanks boob, I knew I had some explaining to do... Dang, I feel like Rickie Recardo saying that!

1:41 PM  
Blogger BERGGEIT said...

Nice work, do agree with the above though, it's nice that you took the time to share and explain your process, but with that said, it could use some cleaning up, at the moment it's still looking pretty sketchy, the shapes could use some more definition, and the text at the bottom could be bigger and thicker, perhaps you could play with the composition as well, these are all just suggestions and me rambling though, other then that, keep it up..!

7:35 PM  
Blogger David said...

thanks for the comment berggeit!

12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home