Friday, August 04, 2006


ZOMBIES ARE BAD THUMB WRESTLERS; despite the whole scary, undead, I-want-to-eat-your-brains thing, they're really quite fragile creatures. Be tender.

This wasn't the idea I was planning to pursue for this week, but it was actually my original idea. I just wasn't sure I could pull it off. Before I sat down tonight to paint it up, I hadn't been happy with any of my sketches. For some reason, though, the right lines kept seeming to find their way out, so I stuck with this idea. I'm happy with it overall. Not too shabby for a few hours' work.

Week One, complete! Lookin' forward to Week Two. Until then, enjoy!

M

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Ryan Summers said...

Congrats on the first full-color piece of the blog Marshall! Great idea and equally great execution. I love the expression on both of their faces, and I really dig the rim light on the pirate.

The skull and crossbones tattoo is a sweet idea!

2:18 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Nice idea and illustration. I probably would have cowered out of a vertical composition of 2 guys in a shot - or at least would not have thought of it. It really helps to emphasise the hand area of the comp.

2:29 AM  
Blogger eshwaaz said...

Very nicely done - a clever idea pulled off beautifully. The pirate's aggressive and self-satisfied look is perfect.

8:36 AM  
Blogger boob said...

Ha ha! I had the same idea! But nowhere near polished. Great layout/execution!

9:25 AM  
Blogger K.B. said...

Is that concept in the air or something. What are the odds of 2 people doing that particular gag. Good stuff.

12:31 PM  
Blogger Ian Simmons said...

Whoever wins...WE LOSE!!! Seriously, excellent work in a cramped time frame. Still wanna see your tug-o-war, though!

12:55 PM  
Blogger Marshall Bock said...

Thanks, guys. I truly appreciate all the feedback. I'm so happy to be part of this group with all you talented folks. Can't wait to see what you guys come up with for next week!

11:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home