Tuesday, August 15, 2006

zAAAAAAARRRRGGGGHHmbie....



Here's my super late entry for Week 1...
I was'nt originally going to do it, but with an inaugural theme like Zombies VS. Pirates how can you not!
I just wanted to do something loose and fun and not restrict myself too much.
I didnt think that "rotting corpse" zombies have a ton of oppertunity for excitement so I opted for more of the "rabid rage infested" type zombies from 28 days later...
Then I thought, "make it a girl!"
'Cause girls are infinately cooler than boys...

So this is the only female aboard this particular pirate ship and you can only imagine what that might be like... Just call this a little zombie type payback...

So this is just rough digital paint over a loose sketch... I find that I need to constantly remind myself to "have a good time"... but once I do, its a ton of fun...

Rock!

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger K.B. said...

Fan -f'n -tastic mo fo. Someone's inspired. Go boooouuuuuyyyyy !!

5:13 PM  
Blogger boob said...

Love it dood! Love the color so much. Other hi-lites are her black lipstick and the violent blood spray. Speedy brush strokes work so well for that kinda stuff. Really nice choices with the colors man. Gold eyes with her too. Sweet.

6:46 PM  
Blogger Ryan Summers said...

Besides the awesome drawing and color choices, the storytelling is awesome Javi! Man, I feel sorry for the big guy with the hat in the bgnd. A hook and a pegleg? I hope she goes easy on him. Like Bob said, I love the eyes.

11:45 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I admire the sheer looseness of the image. The loose linework really emphasizes the action. It goes well with the bloody, chaotic scenario. The green zombie pops off awesomely against the red bg. All nice choices.
I see you really dig rich, deep colors. I'm really impressed how well you command it.

12:58 AM  
Blogger Phil G said...

Yep. Really nice splashy brushwork. Is that Painter I smell? If it's Photoshop, then I'm extra more impressed. Your kung-fu is strong with the colors. Excellent spattery arterial spray. We shall be requiring a contribution from you every week.

8:52 AM  
Blogger Jav said...

thanks everyone!

2:44 PM  
Blogger BoRo said...

Reminds me of Kim Possible...a very twisted awesome Kim possible....with much more boob then usual.

3:07 PM  
Blogger eshwaaz said...

Gorgeous work, Javi - great sketch, expert handling of color, strong poses. Thumbs up!

6:53 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

LOVE the colors on the zombie chick

9:57 PM  
Blogger Art of Don Dixon said...

This is dope!

10:06 AM  
Blogger Darryl Young said...

Loosy and juicy!
Love your paintings Jav, great sense of color and composition.
Seems many of us have been bitten by the "Comic-Con" bug ....?

Your Fan,
-D

2:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home