Friday, August 11, 2006

In kindergarten I remember explaining that "I wanted to be a robot builder and do art on the side." Yep, my whole life was squared away by recess.

Later I learned that I didn't have the desire to be an engineer and learn all sorts of complicated math and science. I didn't even like doing my times tables so why would I want to do it for a living? Still love robots though, so it looks like I'm livin' plan B - which was really plan A all along anyway.

Bonus points if you recall the toy robot my drawing is loosely based off of. It's an oldie I had when I was a tot and earlier versions existed as far back as the 60s.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I don't remember his name - I just remember Mr. Machine or something like that. He was red and I think you could see some working gears. He might have been something you put together - but I never had enough info on this guy. He looks great in this drawing you did - just pound all those extra pieces in with a hammer.

6:52 PM  
Blogger Art of Don Dixon said...

Very cool, for a long time I wanted to do this too, just like my father, but then in those teen years I just had to break away and do my own thing. :)

9:56 PM  
Blogger K.B. said...

Love this. Very fun, great flow and design, perfectly rough , Nice color and texture.

10:48 AM  
Blogger boob said...

Thanks much guys!

"Perfectly rough" is what I was actually going for so thanks again Kev. It took longer than I thought. So many decisions and I couldn't fall back on the precision of Flash for this one. Fun stuff all around.

12:41 PM  
Blogger eshwaaz said...

Forget about connecting that other arm, Bob. I've got one word for ya: CHAINSAW.

Appealing stuff, as always.

12:29 AM  
Blogger Jav said...

That bolt doesnt look like it goes there Bob, so you can stop even just thinking about it...
Try the smaller one on the right...
that one seems good...
hehe... like the design on that robot, even if he is influenced by something... which i dont know the name by the way, but my friend had one...

3:50 PM  
Blogger Kevin Mcleod said...

Mr. Machine and I still have mine at my moms house!

2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home