Friday, October 13, 2006

MetalJaw TrapGear


Trapjaw has always been a favorite character of mine from He-Man and I chose to mix him with the character designer behind Metal Gear Solid: Yoji Shinkawa. I really admire his style and you really get to see his evolution from game to game. I know it's kinda obscure, but it was fun to attempt - somethin' I wanted to try in Painter. I missed a lot of the subtleties though.


The image above is a sample from Yoji Shinkawa. Not the best image, but he's got some great stuff.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Looks like these were pulled from the same book! I'd say that you were very successful in your attempt to match the style here Bob. You could have told me Trap Jaw was in MGS, shown me this picture, and I would have believed you.

4:39 PM  
Blogger DJ Smack Mackey said...

Great stuff Bob. I would never have guessed this was yours.

11:04 AM  
Blogger K.B. said...

Wow,.. really cool to see you trying out a really differnt approach . And doing it well to boot. Looks like you might 've been influenced a little by my friend Ruben's blog. Great stuff Bob.

12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home