Thursday, September 07, 2006

Well Fiddle Sticks!!!
I went and drew everything and then found out it was a 70's cartoon, but I found it on an 80's cartoon website. I did watch it in the 80's when I was just a wee lad too. So I count it as 80's-ish. I knew I should have stuck with, My Little Pony, gosh dang it!
Either way it was a fantasticly bad show. The people would fight off Alien invaders with sling shots. The rhino looking thing (Tundro)would shoot rocks from its head and the dragon (Zok)had lazer eyes and a energy beam tail. Gleep and Gloop were blobs that could take the shape of anything and the rock ape (Igoo) would just hit and fall on stuff. I didn't have time to draw the main guy (lord Zandor)..maybe another time.
This is the original cartoon.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

I totally remember The Herculoids! Funny how much Gleep and Gloop look like a certain Blooregard Q. Kazoo, well the general shape anyhow. I wonder if the Foster's team used them as inspritaion, hmmm. Great job!

11:37 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That's a pretty good interpretation. Did you pick up any of the new toys based on the cartoon? I never saw the show. I really don't understand how those globs are part of the same universe, but it sure does make it interesting.

2:35 AM  
Blogger K.B. said...

Love these characters. Nice interpretation.

10:13 AM  
Blogger Lauren said...

very cool! The Herculoids were the best! Zok is definitely my fave in this one, I think he came out the strongest overall

4:38 PM  
Blogger boob said...

I remember this gang of misfits too. Such a strange cast. Great take on these guys especially Tundro - even though he's only one color, he still seems to look meaner than the original. Even Zok has more shape. Nice job!

12:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home