Friday, September 01, 2006


I suppose it's pretty cliche to pick an art related subject for this topic. And I suppose it's pretty cliche to use Painter for an artsy piece about the artist who did this type of art... Hope ya dig anyway.

Ryan sent out a link about how some people believe the renaissance artists were cheats because they may have actually used lenses and mirrors to project images on to the canvas. Pretty interesting. It got me thinking that a guy like Picasso couldn't be accused of cheating with his abstract view of the world. So this is him when he was younger. Yeah, his classmates would give me nightmares too...

As overwhelming Painter is, pushin' the paint around was pretty intuitive for the somewhat more "realistic" rendering (comparitively) on Master P. himself. Felt pretty natural.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger eshwaaz said...

Damn, Bob. This piece is gorgeous! Wonderfully executed; nothing more to say. I love it.

5:00 PM  
Blogger Jasmin said...

I was wondering how you were going to use Picasso. This is a really nice piece. :)

6:08 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Beauty of a piece!! I love the color and use of different styles. Nice composition too

11:33 PM  
Blogger K.B. said...

Nice peice Bob. Glad to see you pushing the bounds and experimenting.

7:41 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I saw you drawing this and knew it was a hit right away. What a great way to promote experimental painting! I especially like the way the colors came together on Picasso's face.

Really nice one buddy.

8:58 PM  
Blogger Phil G said...

Huzzah! I never thought I'd see the day, but here's you Paintering! Well done paint pushing. Nice expressive style. Plus ten points for looking psycho, too.

p

7:38 AM  
Blogger Greg Scherrer said...

Man Bob, this piece is frickin' cool! I love it.

8:23 AM  
Blogger Jav said...

Wow Bob! Fantastic... i guess that Painter thing is ok... i guess...

4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home