Sunday, September 24, 2006

TV Dinner


I knew I was gonna have a tough time deciding which way to go with this topic so I committed to an idea early on and this is the result. Fun stuff! I posted some development ideas/drawings on my blog if anyone is interested. It's pretty interesting how your subconscience works - I knew I wanted limited colors, I knew I wanted a 50's-ish horror theme, I new there would be type - though I didn't think this would end up so Ragnar like. He is a big inspiration for me though.

And nowadays I can't tell if it's my personal taste in colors, or if work is influencing me. I like hot colors and neon bright stuff - stuff that's near impossible to get right in print. In fact, the red is blown out here due to Blogger's compression. But was this a selective decision, or is 255 red becoming the standard for me because I see it everyday? Whatever the case, gotta be careful - it's powerful stuff...

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Being a cartoony Ragnar is a pretty good thing. The more photo looking background elements are a nice subtle contrast to the flat. I think the black really helps those colors pop out too.

Again - awesome creativity. The choices for the monster design out of TV dinner shapes is inspiring.
Text placement and all - top notch.

10:21 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:45 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

Funny Boob, I was thinking you must have been inspired by Ragnar before I even read your description. And granted he is inspired by someone and so on and so on. Freaking awesome!

12:47 AM  
Blogger Gnarfdeath said...

awesome. I really like the colors, well done!!

1:07 AM  
Blogger K.B. said...

Funny concept. Like the 2 color choices.

12:41 PM  
Blogger K.B. said...

Also really lie your incorporating the type. Good job you talented young man. Now,..hang this nice print on the fridge,

11:02 AM  
Blogger CryptKicker said...

Bob, this is so strong. What delights me even more than the piece is your wonderful break-down of the progression of concept and thought posted on your site. It's the coolest 'making of' I've ever seen. If you had a hardbound book of this kind of thing, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Why? While I like the final art ( I really, really do), I love (possibly with two o's) seeing your process. Not only is it powerfully creative, it's also crazy organized and an artform in itself.
Kudos to you, Mr. Tambourine Man.

2:44 PM  
Blogger boob said...

Thanks so much guys!

I'm really pleased some of you actually enjoyed the process up on my own blog. That kinda stuff takes time to put together but I really like revisting the "journey". Just glad others dig it too!

5:17 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Awesome!!!! Love it love it love it

9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home