Friday, September 22, 2006

Painty Paints


This is my acrylic on canvas approach to the t.v. dinner. I jumped at creating this entry beacuse I love drawing food so much! It's really hard to make salsbury steak even remotely appetizing though.
SHAMELESS PLUG:
Speaking of food, I'm going to be in an art festival Oct.7th, at the Rockwell St. Art Crossing in Chicago. Food is the theme represented in painting and jewelry form. If you would like to stop on by, here is some more information.
http://www.rcartwalk.com/

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger ladymandelyn said...

here is the festival link that wasn't posted for some reason:
http://www.rcartwalk.com/

5:35 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Mandy, Mandy, Mandy.

I knew you wouldn't dissapoint me with your contribution. Actually I think the topic came to mind because of your numerous food drawings.

Great food choices and colors on this. I can taste those brown gravy basted mushrooms!

Beautiful.

5:38 PM  
Blogger K.B. said...

I am totally getting the salisbury steak metaphors here. (Aren't i ?) You are really deep man,...really deep. Good luck with your show.

6:13 PM  
Blogger ladymandelyn said...

A lot of scrumptious paint textures were lost by scanning it into the computer unfortunatly.

6:16 PM  
Blogger boob said...

Droolicious as always Mandy.

It looks like the gravy spilled into the peaches though. No way anyone is gonna eat 'em now ;)

I like how you handled the tray. Somehow in all those blobs of paint it still feels like reflective metal - that kinda stuff amazes me. Trickin' my brain an' all.

Especially dig the bacgkround though. Those weird fifties shapes and lines and that turquoise color fit perfect.

3:23 AM  
Blogger K.B. said...

such charm

6:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home