Friday, August 11, 2006

OK, this took longer to post than it took to actually draw... here goes...
In middle school, aspirations of becoming a professional basketball player creeped up into my 6' lanky noggin...


you can't hold me!


he shoots he scores!


in yo fizzace!

Soon my dreams would be crushed by the reality of "West Side Chicago Public School" competition, and insanely gifted athletes...
All for the best though... cause I probably would have suffered my nasty ACL injury during my peak years, sidelining me, and eventually proving to be too big an obstacle to overcome...


the term "break a leg" does not apply to professional sports...

It all works out in the end though. I've never really been any good managing my money, and would probably be doing "Title Loan" commercials with Dennis Rodman and MC Hammer...
God knows what he's doing...


Why didnt I just work at WMS?!?

...Jav

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger BoRo said...

Someone went hog wild on this one. Fun drawings I like the movement.

1:57 PM  
Blogger K.B. said...

"SLAM DUNK " on your post though. Very entertaining and wonderfully expressive drawings. Hope your hand doesn't blow out now.

2:02 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This is the story of Javi's life. It can't be contained in one panel! I love it because it's not as nerdy an aspiration as I had. You could of been the coolest of the cool if you were a star player - and the broken leg thing ties in nicely as an "all too realistic" punchline.

3:23 PM  
Blogger eshwaaz said...

Very fun, very entertaining. Tons of energy in every drawing, and very expressive as well. Nice stuff, Javi!

3:37 PM  
Blogger Jason said...

Dude, your SO flexible for a white boy! J/K. Nice poses. Dunkerrific!

4:37 PM  
Blogger ES said...

Haha, very funny. Good thing you decided to be an artist and all. ^.^

4:37 PM  
Blogger boob said...

Nice! The slam dunk has "Silver" written all over it. Great lines and great faces. Not that YOUR face is great, or kissable in any way - I just mean it's drawn really well...

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home