Saturday, December 02, 2006

Week 17

If I Only Had A...
Outsider Art Club, session 117

Sorry for the two week delay guys. There's been a shortage of themes for the last two weeks due to clubmates not sending in themes. (More on that further down.) I've been racking my brain for another theme and here's the best one I have. Sung to the tune of the Scarecrow from Wizard of Oz:

If I Only Had A...

What ability, skill, or extra body part do wish you could have? The Scarecrow wanted a brain, the Tinman wished for a heart; what would you wish for if you could have anything? This question has been the inspiration for countless classic stories over time,so maybe it can do the same for us. Always wanted to fly? Wish you could speak any language? Have you always wanted to be like Scott Baio in the classic 80's movie Zapped!? Now's the week to let the club know! Draw yourself using the power you always wished you had.

So there it is. It's basically a cheap ploy to try to put a face to the myriad of new names over to the right. Also, it's the only thing I could think of for another theme: I can only make up so many of these on my own! :) So I'm going to try a new tactic that will hopefully kill two problems with one e-mail. There's a lot of you on that there sidebar that haven't contributed in awhile. Whether it's posting a drawing, commenting on others work, or submitting a theme, the OAC is built on the clubmates contributing. With that in mind, I'll be sending out an e-mail tomorrow asking each of you to send in an idea or two so that we can build up a pool of themes to pick from each week. If I don't get a response and you haven't posted a drawing or commented in the last four themes, I'm yanking ya off the list. Not because I hate ya, but because I want everyone in the club to be contributing. Sound good?

Then get to drawing!

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger David said...

arghhhh, you didn't e-mail me, but you really should have..

I haven't been pulling my weight around here! I just e-mailed you a couple of my own themes, and I was already working on a picture for the topic; Holiday Mash-up; and I have some ideas for this theme as well..

8:08 PM  
Blogger Jason said...

Well put my good man. I'm in. Sorry you've had to take the weight of us all. I'm ready to contribute. Thanks again for your work on this blog

6:16 PM  
Blogger jerovo61 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:30 AM  
Blogger jerovo61 said...

Yes, yes, I have been silent for too long. Let work get in the way of fun. I will submit some themes and get back into the spirit of things. This is a great asset to have. I don't wanna get kicked to the curb!

11:32 AM  
Blogger Beekeeper said...

iam on the way!!i know i have'nt showed my face :D its all my fault i'll accept it 8-|

1:02 PM  
Blogger boob said...

The break was nice while it lasted - time to get back to work! :)

1:26 PM  
Blogger Jose Vazquez said...

I am so glad that this has continued and grown since it was started back at HVS. I have been gone for a while now it's my time to come back to it.

3:45 PM  
Blogger Ryan Summers said...

JOSE!!! It's good to hear you're coming back, especially since you're the man responsible for starting up the OAC in the first place. Can't wait to have ya posting here!

5:02 PM  
Blogger Jose Vazquez said...

Okay I did it, after all these months of not being involved. I hope this gets people motivated into doing something.

6:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home