Monday, November 06, 2006

Star Whores

This was a great topic Don! There are so many characters to draw from. A great turn out this week with some new recruits too!


Here's my paint job on the "Dengar and the girls" piece. Originally I was thinking real chocolately browns and baby blues for the girls. I still think that would be cool. I think the more I got into it, the more I was trying to create some sorta contrast with some hot colors. I dunno, I guess that felt "gangsta" to me. One thing I didn't like about the sketch is how short the girls' legs were. I shoulda lengthened them from the knees down in Photoshop. I got so far into coloring though I forgot about it. And then the costumes had these sheer leg parts that weren't turning out to my liking. The solution was to crop it! The squarer composition I ended up liking better anyway so I don't feel too bad. Kinda reminds me of an album cover.

I had another quick idea for an IG-88 image. That droid is so stiff it's funny imagining him doing anything. I did this one pretty fast and comparitively there's actually a lot more I like about it than my Dengar. I'm still really drawn to flat art. Just goes to show, time doesn't necessarily equal quality. And personally, I can feel just as safistfied, if not more, with something quick.

I'll try to post some development sketches on my own blog tonight. The girlies I started drawing were horrid...

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Art of Don Dixon said...

Thats just dope!

1:32 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

Mr. Risetto your Ghetto Blaster is freaking awesome. A little bit of Ragnar influence and a whole lot of killer simplistic design. Ghetto Blaster rocks!

5:27 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Very nice Bob. The IG piece is fun! Wearing a viking helmet? I suppose that's ghetto these days. And is wearing a big clock around your neck what all the kids are doing? I'll visit timex on my way home. Your work inspired me to do a quick graphic art piece - the bounty hunter droid is such a great subject!

2:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home