Saturday, October 28, 2006

Nursery rhyme comic

A year ago, yes a year ago, I started drawing a mini comic for a project some friends and I were gonna put together. My idea was based around some nursery rhyme characters and I've always wanted to finish it but you know how things go... So I'm trying to pick it back up with this week's topic. These are the first 6 panels on the last page I just drew between yesterday and today. Whenever there's that much time between parts of a project the biggest hurdle for me is consistency. The Humpty Dumpty character is on a bus and this sequence is various characters getting on and off in "nursery-ryhme land". It was more like a character design task rather than any kind of story telling.

There's so many tangents here between the characters and the panels and everything. I'll adjust it all when I get more panels done.


Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

Love it Boob! I can't imagine picking an illustration from a year ago and working on it again because so much improvement takes place that I typically can't look back. Love this piece and can't wait to see it finished!

3:54 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Looks like an awesome idea. The wolf cracks me up - looks like someone wearing a wolf costume at an amusement park. If the little egg is Humpty Dumpty, why is he so pissed? Seems like there is some story to tell there. I'm assuming it's because he has a long bus ride to work based on all the characters he encounters.

11:51 AM  
Blogger boob said...

Exactly Greg. It's hard whenever I try to pick up an old project because I want to redo everything. Part of what I'd like to accomplish is to just be able to move on and finish something.

As far as Humpty Dumpty Dave - ya can't tell too well in the sketch, but he's all bandaged up. He is pissed though and I just don't wanna say too much - not that it's a real deep story or anything.

I hope to finish this with all the other stuff going on.

9:52 AM  
Blogger Bob Renzas said...

Can't wait to see more!

3:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey
Very nuts
This has to be the Phil that I know.
BFF

12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home